Friday, February 25, 2011

the day was destined to be...

Interesting?  Dangerous? An absolute mess?

That is, when it starts off with you backing into your husbands car at 7:30 in the morning.  Oh, clarification.  I backed into his truck, NOT his beloved Marilyn.  More on her later.  Thank goodness.  If she has been involved in the incident I would be finding my hiney in a divorce lawyer's office instead of here in blogland.  You think I'm kidding. 

See our dear Marilyn is our 1970 Corvette.  She came into our lives in April of 2010.  This little red beauty was living in Arizona and wanted to become part of our family.  Soo, what else is one to do?  The husband-type and I loaded up our {small} bags and hauled ourselves to Arizona.  Side note:  I was 7 months pregnant with Miss H and everyone thought I was insane for signing up for a road trip in a classic car from Arizona to Texas.  Did I mention she doesn't have A/C?  We lucked out though.  I failed to remember the elevation difference between Phoenix and The Grand Canyon.  There was snow on the ground when we drove to the Canyon.  The heat works great though!  Trust me.  It was a great trip and a wonderful last minute get-away before the divine Miss H came into the world.  Below are some pictures from the adventure.

[caption id="attachment_28" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Picking up the "girl""][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_29" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption=""Sitting on a corner in...""][/caption]

{self-portrait}

 


Today's post is dedicated to the husband-unit who didn't yell/scream/tear my head off for watching me back into his truck this morning.  He's kind of great.  I think I'll keep him :) 

1 comment:

  1. You've always been a vision of loveliness. But I gotta say it -- Marilyn's kinda hot.

    ReplyDelete